The electronics giant and biggest business in Southern Korea, Samsung, is in the midst of making 3-nanometer (3nm) semiconductors for a Chinese application-specific IC firm, sources have stated. The new chip design has triggered speculation among the list of crypto community it’s feasible Samsung may be creating application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) for bitcoin miners.
Sources state Samsung to start out 3nm Process This Week, Crypto Community Believes Chinese IC Firm May Be a Bitcoin Mining Rig Maker
- There clearly was speculation that Samsung is creating ASICs for bitcoin mining as well as the BTC mining rig manufacturer Microbt can be a future client. The sources stem from thelec.net publication which describes your electronic devices company aims to trial the foundry manufacturing of 3nm potato chips this week.
- Other reports have actually noted that Samsung hinted in regards to the brand new chips in a 2022 profits call. The company has additionally been taking part in non-fungible token (NFT) assets this season and introduced smart televisions that support NFT infrastructure.
- The report stemming from thelec.net records that the unnamed Chinese business centered on ASICs will likely to be Samsung’s first 3nm chip client but Qualcomm has additionally “made reservations for the process.”
- Rumors about Samsung producing 3nm potato chips designed for bitcoin mining have actually spread like wildfire on social media marketing. If Samsung is producing ASICs for bitcoin mining it will proceed with the lead of the number of rivals like Intel and TSMC.
- Taiwan Semiconductor production business (TSMC) has been creating ASICs crypto miners can use for a long time, and Intel just lately jumped into creating semiconductors for bitcoin mining in 2010.
- The Samsung speculation concerning the business building bitcoin-friendly ASICs has been posted by way of a quantity of crypto news publications, and the original supply thelec.net, cites people acquainted the matter.
- It’s feasible that Samsung had been producing bitcoin-friendly ASICs without anybody once you understand about the manufacturing. As an example, while TSMC has provided chips to companies like Bitmain, the Taiwan company doesn’t formally announce the products.
- Neighborhood reports from South Korea in January 2018 state that Samsung had been using a Chinese company by producing ASIC chips for mining electronic currencies.
- “Samsung is operating a foundry that gives a Chinese cryptocurrency mining company with mining gear and ASIC chips. Since Samsung has just started its cryptocurrency mining venture, it’s not sure associated with the profits it can create from this,” the neighborhood media reported at the time.
Just what do you consider concerning the sources that say Samsung is producing 3nm ASIC potato chips? Do you think the electronic devices giant may be producing bitcoin mining chips? Let us know everything look at this subject in the feedback area below.